Beginning school is an important time for every child and their parents. At Doncaster Gardens Primary School we believe that the best way to choose the right school for your child is to visit the classrooms, immerse yourself in the environment and see first hand the routines that operate and the relationships that exist between teachers and students.
Thank you for considering Doncaster Gardens Primary School as a primary school option for your child.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets and the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers’, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
What you need to do:
- Contact our school via email to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
- Our school is trialing an online system for new Foundation (Prep) Enrolments to Victorian Government Schools. The new online enrolment system has been assessed by the Department of Education to a high degree of security in line with the Victorian Protective Data Security Standards and is compliant with ISO 27001, the leading international standard for information security.
What to do next?
Visit https://students.educationapps.vic.gov.au/s/ to create an account and complete the online application form. If you would prefer to submit a paper application form, please contact us.
- Use Find my School to locate your designated neighbourhood school (referred to as your local school) and other nearby government schools.
- Contact a government primary school to book a school tour or to learn more about the school and the enrolment application process.
- Download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents and Carers.' The pack will be available from Monday 15 April 2024 and will include an application form. The school may also provide you with a copy of the form to complete.
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 26 July 2024.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application between Monday 29 July and Friday 9 August 2024. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from 30 January 2025.
Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by the school as they are received, in accordance with the Department of Education's Placement Policy.
Your child has a right to enrol at their local school. Your child’s local school is determined on the basis of their permanent residential address. Visit Find my School to locate your child’s local school. The enrolling in a school page can also help you to confirm your child’s address for enrolment.
If you are seeking to apply to enrol your child in a school that is not their local school, you should read about school zones and how they work and how applications are prioritised using the Department of Education’s Placement Policy found on the enrolling in a school page.
The Department of Education has created a Quick Reference Guide to help you get started.
Please contact us via email.
We look forward to your application and hope you will be joining our school community soon.
Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, determined based on your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school if there are available places.
For more information, you can: