Doncaster Gardens Primary School has established shared values and a common language that sets out expectations for each student’s involvement in the school.
Our values are:
- Compassion - displaying empathy for others and a desire to help.
- Courage - the ability to face difficulty, uncertainty, or pain without being overcome by fear or being deflected from a chosen course of action.
- Curiosity - a desire to know or learn something.
- Creativity - the ability to use the imagination to develop new and original ideas or things.
The following is a list of programs/activities which promote positive behaviours and high student engagement at Doncaster Gardens PS:
- Start Up program (beginning of the year)
- Circle Time
- Restorative Practices
- Year level Assemblies
- Buddies (Year 5)
- Student self-assessment (semester 1 & 2)
- Drug Education
- Encouragement Awards
- Aussie of the Month
- Camping program (every 2nd year)
- Life Education (every 2nd year)
- Kids’ Hope (selected students)